|Fushigi no Kuni no|
|Animation Director||Haruo Ōgawara, Takuya Tani|
|Japanese Air Date|
July 6, 2013
|← none||Although I'm Small →|
The Wonderland's (ふしぎの国の Fushigi no Kuni no ) is the first episode of the anime adaptation of Kiniro Mosaic. This episode introduces Sino's past in England about how she become friends with Alice, and how in present Alice comes to live with her.
A ten-year old Japanese schoolgirl named Shinobu Omiya has a home-stay visit in England, where she spends time living with a British girl named Alice Cartelet. Alice initially has trouble getting along with Shinobu due to the language barrier, but they soon get along swimmingly. As Shinobu's home-stay comes to an end, Alice hopes that she will one day come to Japan. Five years later, Shinobu, who is now in high school, receives a letter from Alice, allegedly saying that she is coming to Japan. Surely enough, Alice appears at Shinobu's school, revealing she has transferred to her class and will be staying at her house.
Shinobu thinks back to the time when she stayed with Alice and her family over at England, just on the very same day she gets a letter from Alice. As she struggles to read it, a mysterious girl shows up at school...
Summary from BDEdit
- This episode's subtitle (不思議の国の) might be referenced from "Alice in Wonderland" (不思議の国のアリス). Where the Wonderland, in this case, is England.
Differences with MangaEdit
In the manga,
- Alice met Shino near the shoes locker, but in the anime she met Shino in the classroom when Sakura introduced her instead.
- Alice and Shino became friend easily, while in the anime Alice was very shy and scared at first.
- Shino left Alice's house during the night, while in the anime it was in the day.
- The girls time out shopping isn't as explored as it was in the anime. They are only shown meeting up and running into a foreign couple.